Monday, October 1, 2007

IT WAS ONLY FOR YOU MY GOOD FRIEND!

I hear you calling me
late in the night.
I wake in wet darkness
to your music,
Splashing in my ears,
Murmuring " the call for heaven"in hot tears.

I am calm,
But that pain in your voice,
That urge to have me as your friend,
In the journey to heaven,
That sensation...
To free my soul from that worldly prison,
Ah! That feeling...

Life was moving on,
With nothing to rejuvenate with,
A plain blunt life,
That had no reason,
To be walked with.

I am in a dilemma,
Confused at what to think,
What to reconsider-"To live for my life,
Or to die for my pal.

"The emotions are wild,
Both thoughts having
immense gravity in reason,
I hear your music,
I hear that urge,
And I hear my evil insight-
Warning me to be smart
and let go off my friend.
" I know, I can't do that!"

I had your hand clutched in mine,
you were reeling in agony,
I realized,
You needed my company.
My evil insight forcing me
to let go off you,
And my soul...
Pining to get hold of you...
In this withering battle,
I feel my soul leaving me,
Only to give you company.

The evil in me still wanting
to live it's life,
And the good in me,
In an attempt to free its life...
Both at odd ends,
I felt the shudder...
My soul left,
Leaving behind a cold end,
Only to be with my cold friend!

I lay there,
As calm as I ever could have been,
I understood,
I always wanted this,
But never had the guts,
I always wanted to die...
But like you my friend,
I was afraid
to lead a lonely death.
I know you are bold enough,
To make your way through,
All by yourself,
But, I also know,
"Good friends always make good company!"

The answer was easy-
You gave me the guts to do
what I always wanted,
You made me feel,
What's life after death...
That I always wanted to explore,
You made me feel,
I was never alone to die-
To live life after death,
You made me feel that agony of the night,
And you made me feel...
That I was always right!

I don't know if I am happy,
To let go off that world-So easily...
But, I do know one thing:
If I left that world,
With such an ease...
It was only for you
MY FRIEND,
Who was always there for me,
In all odds and ends!
IT WAS ONLY FOR YOU MY GOOD FRIEND!

Aakanksha Verma

No comments: