Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Immortal Synchrony

An escape from the real world
Is what this used to give me

Forgotten is the art
Forgotten is the solace
Forgotten are the verses
Forgotten are the memories

Time is vicious
It makes you live
It makes you struggle
It makes you do things you never were able to control

Time is God
For there is no other God
It has you on a leash
You falter and your time is up

It's easy to blame
It's easy to neglect
It's easy to give up
But it's never easy to pay the price
Pay the price of your misdoings
Pay the price of your ignorance
Pay the price of never trying so hard

Life is famed to be limited
That is the only thing you can be sure of
It's your job to make it worthwhile

I know I have been taking it for granted
Since quite some time
Trying too hard
Forgetting that too hard was never my style

Which brings me back to what was right in my life
When I exercised smartness in a much smarter fashion
When solidarity was what I gained from every post of mine
When control is what I leveraged after piecing my stray thoughts

A forgotten art
But a practiced soul
This part of me
Has just found it's long lost goal

A pen is mightier than a sword they say
To all those times where words find the love of another soul

To all those who find motivation
This not so time-tortured mortal
Is back
Back for good.

No comments: